Why in the Basque Country?
● Integral own police,
● Emergency Care and Civil Protection System of reference,
● Competencies in Traffic, Transportation and Road Infrastructure,
● Local police officers of reference.
● Ghe great tourist and gastronomic attraction.
● High media impact.
Why in Bilbao?
● Referent in Local Security and Mobility.
● One of the safest cities in the state, in terms of most serious crimes.
● With quality Municipal and Regional Fire Prevention, Fire Fighting and Rescue Services.
● Excellent trade fair, congress and hotel infrastructure.
● Trendy city, friendly, avant-garde, well connected and in continuous transformation.
The Azkuna Zentroa (Spanish translation: Centro Azkuna), formerly Alhóndiga Bilbao, is a former wine warehouse converted into a leisure and cultural center.
According to the project of the Bilbao architect Ricardo Bastida, it was built in the early 1900s, following innovative techniques from the structural point of view, being one of the first examples of public architecture in reinforced concrete.
After being renovated in May 2010, with the participation of designer Philippe Stark, it became a multipurpose civic center, with the mission to create connections between people and contemporary culture, to influence the context and contribute to the construction of a more creative, critical and diverse society.
It was in December 2014 when it was renamed the Iñaki Azkuna center, in recognition of the man who was mayor of Bilbao for more than 12 years, to finally end up with the official name of Azkuna Zentroa in March 2015.
Max. capacity: 400
Themes: Cross-cutting, Safety and USEC Professional Awards Gala
Max. capacity: 103
Topics: Emergencies and Mobility
Industry Exhibition, Coffee Breaks and Networking moments
Fdez. del Campo room
Topics: Technical-Operational Talks